If you are looking to burn sugar and lose fat especially around the tummy then HIIT training is for you.
If you’re looking to feel good in mind and strong in body here are 8 reasons to HIIT and Burn.
1) Aerobic fitness. Aerobic fitness is a measure of how effective your heart and lungs are at getting oxygen into and around your body and is a brilliant gauge of future health. The more oxygen we take in the more energy we can produce and bodily functions are optimised.
2) Increased Insulin sensitivity. Insulin is our body’s way of managing our sugar levels in our blood. We are insulin sensitive if a small amount of insulin is needed to be secreted to deposit a small amount of glucose, and insulin resistant if a lot of insulin needs to be secreted to deposit the same amount of glucose. It is very important that we do not become insulin resistant as this a major risk factor for the development of Type II diabetes. Active exercise seems to be needed to break down the body’s stores of glucose, which are deposited in our muscles as a substance called glycogen. Burn up these glycogen stores and we create more room for more glucose to be extracted out of the blood and stored in the muscles.
3) More muscle recruitment. HIIT uses far more of muscle tissue than the classic aerobic exercise classes. When we carry out High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), we are using not just the leg muscles, but also the upper body, so that 80% of the body’s muscular structure is activated, compared to 20-40% for walking or moderate intensity cycling or jogging.
4) HIIT makes our muscles produce new and more efficient mitochondria, the tiny power plants in our cells that convert glucose into useable energy. The more mitochondria we have, the more power they produce and the more fat and sugar they burn.
5) The stress caused by HIIT also leads to the release of large amounts of catecholamines. Which are hormones such as adrenaline and noradrenalin that target fat cells. Particularly those in the abdomen. These chemicals are released by your pituitary gland, which is located in the base of our brain.
6) Endorphins. Endorphins make us feel exhilarated and happy and block any feelings of pain, so we can power through any discomfort caused by exercising. This could become addicting, strenuous forms of exercises, experiencing highs. Not such a bad thing if the only side effect is being fit and healthy.
7) Fun. It is fun training in a group. Not only that it can also motivate. Working in packs. Working as a team. Making it social can make regular training easier to maintain.
8) Time. The average gym session is maybe 60-90 minutes long. A HIIT and Burn session will be all wrapped up in 45 minuets and nearly half of that is warming up, cooling down and stretching. HIIT is short in comparison.
That’s it so Get lean, Get fit and get healthy quick!
Why not book in for a HIIT session right here at Richmond Fitness Club, click here to find out about our new HIIT and BURN class and book in a free trial.